正常的速度:
速度慢:
Hi Peter, can I talk to you for a moment. I just heard the cookie factory downtown is going out of business.
你好!彼特,我可以和你聊聊嗎?我剛剛聽說市中心的餅干工廠要破產啦。
Where did you hear that?
你從哪兒聽說的?
Sara told me.
莎沙告訴我的。
I'm not sure that's true. I haven't heard anything about it.
我不知道那是不是真的,我什麼都沒聽說。
She said that they have already started to lay people off.
她說他們已經開始裁員啦。
Doesn't your father work there?
你爸爸不是在那兒上班嗎?
Yes, I'm really worried he might get laid off, he just started to work there about three months ago. What do you think I should do?
是的,我真的很擔心他,我怕他被裁掉,他三個月前才剛剛開始在那裡上班的,你覺得我現在應該怎麼辦?
I'd talk to your father.
我要告訴你爸爸。
Yeah, but if there was something wrong I don't think he'd tell me. He doesn't like to upset me, but I really would like to know what's going on.
是的,但是如果有什麼不好的事情,我覺得他不會告訴我的,因為他不喜歡讓我擔心,但是我真的想知道到底發生了什麼事。
So what are you gonna do?
那你準備怎麼做?
Aren't you good friends with the president of that company?
你和那個公司的老闆不是好朋友嗎?
Yes, we use to work together at a different company about five years ago.
是的,大概五年前我們一起在另外一家公司上班。
Maybe you could call him and see what's going on.
或許你可以打電話給他,看看發生了什麼事情。
Well, I don't know. I guess I could. It's pretty late now, but I'll call him in the morning.
嗯,我不太清楚。我覺得我可以打電話給他。但現在已經很晚啦,但我明天早上可以打電話給他。
OK, thanks so much.
好的,非常感謝。