比爾被炒魷魚啦。
John:
Hello?
你好?
Ann:
Hi John, sorry for calling so late, I hope I didn't wake you up.
你好!約翰,這麼晚打電話給你,真不好意思,我希望我沒吵醒你。
Actually, I was just finishing some work. I haven't gone to bed yet.
事實上,我剛做完一些工作,我還沒睡覺呢。
Did you hear Bill got fired yesterday?
昨天比爾被炒魷魚啦,你聽說了嗎?
No. I didn't hear that. Are you sure?
沒有,我沒聽說,你確定嗎?
Yeah, Sarah told me this afternoon. She was pretty upset about it.
是的,今天下午莎沙告訴我的,她很擔心。
That's too bad. Bill's a nice guy.
那真糟糕,比爾是個不錯的人。
Yeah, I know.
是的 ,我知道。
Why did they fire him?
他們為什麼要炒他魷魚?
She didn't say.
她沒說。
I see. Well, if you talk to Sara again, tell her there's a job opening at my company. Bill can have an interview this week if he wants.
我明白啦。你再看到莎沙時告訴她,我們公司這周有招聘會,如果比爾願意的話,他可以去參加面試
Oh, thank you so much. I'll call her and tell her.
哦,非常感謝你,我會打電話給莎沙告訴她的。