正常的速度:
速度慢:
Judy, your husband has a really nice car.
朱迪,你妻子的車真漂亮。
Thanks. It's a lot better than mine, and it's new.
謝謝。比我的車好多啦,它是新的。
Where are you going?
你準備去哪兒?
We're going to visit my sister in the city.
我們要去城裡拜訪我妹妹。
I didn't know your sister lives in the city, when did she move there?
我不知道你妹妹住在城裡,她什麼時候搬去的?
About a year ago. She lives in an apartment on 3rd street, across from the public library.
大概三年前。她住在第三街區公共圖書館對面的一棟公寓裡。
I see. It's almost 5:00 PM now, don't you think there will be a lot of traffic?
我知道啦。現在將近5點鐘啦,你不覺得會遇到交通阻塞嗎?
Oh, we're not driving. We're going to take the subway. The subway only takes about 20 minutes.
哦,我們不開車去,我們要去坐地鐵,坐地鐵隻需要大約20分鐘。
Yes, but it can be very crowded around this time. I always feel uncomfortable taking the subway.
是的,但是這個時間肯定會很擠,我坐地鐵時總是感覺很不舒服。
I take the subway to work everyday, so I'm used to it now.
我每天都坐地鐵上下班,所以我已經習慣啦。
Doesn't your mother live in the city?
你媽媽不是也住在城裡嗎?
Yes, she's lived there for about ten years.
是的,她已經住在那兒差不多十年啦。
I remember when she moved there. Apartments were a lot cheaper then.
我記得她剛搬去時,公寓比現在便宜多啦。
I know what you mean. It's hard to find anything that's reasonable now.
我知道。現在找到一些價格合情合理的東西實在太難啦。
Have a good time. Next time you're free, give me a call and we'll go play poker.
玩得開心。下次有時間的話,給我打電話,我們可以一起去玩牌。
See you later.
再見。