正常的速度:
速度慢:
Hey John, can I talk to you for a minute?
嘿,約翰,我可以和你聊聊嗎?
Sure, what's up?
當然。怎麼啦?
I wanted to let you know about a book club I joined a couple months ago. I know you do a lot of reading so I thought you might want to come with me next month.
我兩個月前加入了一個讀書俱樂部,我想告訴你一下這個俱樂部。我知道你讀很多書,所以我想或許你想下個月和我一起去吧。
Oh, that sounds like fun. When does the group meet?
哦,聽起來不錯。人們通常什麼時間會面?
Usually the last Saturday of the month at 9:30 in the evening. Is that too late for you?
通常是一個月的最後一個周六的晚上9點半。對你來說晚嗎?
No, I think that's ok. What do you talk about in the group?
不晚,我覺得還行。你們都聊些什麼?
Well, every month we choose a new book and then during the next meeting we discuss it.
嗯,每個月我們都挑一本新書,然後下一個聚會時就討論這本書的內容。
What book are you reading now?
你現在在讀什麼書?
The Kite Runner.
追風箏的人
I've heard that's a good book. What's it about?
我聽說那本書不錯。關於什麼的?
It is a good book. I'm almost finished. The book is about a boy who grows up in Afghanistan during the 1980s. It's called the Kite Runner because the main character takes part in a kite flying competition.
這本書很好,我差不多要讀完啦。這本書的內容是關於在80年代,一個在阿富汗長大的男孩和他的經歷。因為這個主人翁加入了一個放風箏比賽,所以叫追風箏的人。
That sounds really interesting. I'd love to come.
聽起來真的很有趣,我也想加入。
Ok, great. The next meeting isn't for another two weeks, so you still have time to read the book.