100英語課
Do you know how to get downtown?

你知道怎麼去市中心嗎?

Hi George, do you know how to get downtown?

你好!利薩,你知道去市中心怎麼走嗎?


Sure. Why are you going there?

當然,你去那兒干嘛?


I want to buy a new computer.

我想買個新電腦。


OK, are you driving?

好的,你要開車去嗎?


Yes.

是的。


Go straight down this road. When you get to the second light, take a left. Then get on the highway and take exit 52.

沿著這條路向南走,當你走到第二個紅綠燈時,向左拐,然後走高速,從52出口出來。


That sounds really complicated. Can you tell me again? Which road do I take first?

聽起來很複雜,你能再告訴我一遍嗎?我應該先走哪條路?


You go down this road, then at the second light turn left. That road is "Main street."

沿著這條路向南走,到第二個紅綠燈向左拐,這條路是“主街”。


OK, I think I've got it now.

好的,我知道啦。


Why are you buying a new computer anyway? Didn't you just get one a few months ago?

你為什麼要買一台新電腦呢?你幾個月前不是剛買一個嗎?


Yes, but it doesn't work anymore.

是的,但是它已經壞啦。


Where did you buy it?

你在哪兒買的?


At Wal-Mart.

在沃爾瑪。


I think you're computer should still be under warranty. You can bring it back to them and they'll fix it for free.

我覺得你的電腦還在保修期內,你可以把它帶過去,他們可以免費為你維修。


I think you're right. I didn't think about that. I should go talk to them about it. Where is the closest Wal-Mart?

我覺得你說得對,我都沒想到,我應該告訴他們。最近的沃爾瑪在哪兒?


It's about 2 blocks from here. I have to go there to get some stuff now anyway. Do you want to follow me?

離這兒大概有兩個街區遠,我現在也要去那兒買一些東西,你想跟我走嗎?


Sure.

當然。

Lessons