正常的速度:
速度慢:
Hi George, do you know how to get downtown?
你好!利萨,你知道去市中心怎么走吗?
Sure. Why are you going there?
当然,你去那儿干嘛?
I want to buy a new computer.
我想买个新电脑。
OK, are you driving?
好的,你要开车去吗?
Yes.
是的。
Go straight down this road. When you get to the second light, take a left. Then get on the highway and take exit 52.
沿着这条路向南走,当你走到第二个红绿灯时,向左拐,然后走高速,从52出口出来。
That sounds really complicated. Can you tell me again? Which road do I take first?
听起来很复杂,你能再告诉我一遍吗?我应该先走哪条路?
You go down this road, then at the second light turn left. That road is "Main street."
沿着这条路向南走,到第二个红绿灯向左拐,这条路是“主街”。
OK, I think I've got it now.
好的,我知道啦。
Why are you buying a new computer anyway? Didn't you just get one a few months ago?
你为什么要买一台新电脑呢?你几个月前不是刚买一个吗?
Yes, but it doesn't work anymore.
是的,但是它已经坏啦。
Where did you buy it?
你在哪儿买的?
At Wal-Mart.
在沃尔玛。
I think you're computer should still be under warranty. You can bring it back to them and they'll fix it for free.
我觉得你的电脑还在保修期内,你可以把它带过去,他们可以免费为你维修。
I think you're right. I didn't think about that. I should go talk to them about it. Where is the closest Wal-Mart?
我觉得你说得对,我都没想到,我应该告诉他们。最近的沃尔玛在哪儿?
It's about 2 blocks from here. I have to go there to get some stuff now anyway. Do you want to follow me?
离这儿大概有两个街区远,我现在也要去那儿买一些东西,你想跟我走吗?
Sure.
当然。