正常的速度:
速度慢:
Hi Peter, can I talk to you for a moment. I just heard the cookie factory downtown is going out of business.
你好!彼特,我可以和你聊聊吗?我刚刚听说市中心的饼干工厂要破产啦。
Where did you hear that?
你从哪儿听说的?
Sara told me.
莎沙告诉我的。
I'm not sure that's true. I haven't heard anything about it.
我不知道那是不是真的,我什么都没听说。
She said that they have already started to lay people off.
她说他们已经开始裁员啦。
Doesn't your father work there?
你爸爸不是在那儿上班吗?
Yes, I'm really worried he might get laid off, he just started to work there about three months ago. What do you think I should do?
是的,我真的很担心他,我怕他被裁掉,他三个月前才刚刚开始在那里上班的,你觉得我现在应该怎么办?
I'd talk to your father.
我要告诉你爸爸。
Yeah, but if there was something wrong I don't think he'd tell me. He doesn't like to upset me, but I really would like to know what's going on.
是的,但是如果有什么不好的事情,我觉得他不会告诉我的,因为他不喜欢让我担心,但是我真的想知道到底发生了什么事。
So what are you gonna do?
那你准备怎么做?
Aren't you good friends with the president of that company?
你和那个公司的老板不是好朋友吗?
Yes, we use to work together at a different company about five years ago.
是的,大概五年前我们一起在另外一家公司上班。
Maybe you could call him and see what's going on.
或许你可以打电话给他,看看发生了什么事情。
Well, I don't know. I guess I could. It's pretty late now, but I'll call him in the morning.
嗯,我不太清楚。我觉得我可以打电话给他。但现在已经很晚啦,但我明天早上可以打电话给他。
OK, thanks so much.
好的,非常感谢。